Date And Time:

Our Performance Of Feb 2018



Today's Message

TRIAL

SEND SMS FOR TRIAL

EQUITY - COMMODITY OR BOTH

TO

 09920033678

www.GoldSilverAlert.com

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Generation Gap

Dad, I don’t like this. Why did you open my mail? Whenever I receive any phone call, you ask me, whose phone is it, who is he, what did he say… Please do not interfere with my personal affairs”, shouted Rohan.

“I am your father, not an outsider or a stranger. I know what I should do. Don’t try to advise me”, retorted Bharat. 

Rohan said, “how can I keep quiet when you open my mail, including personal letters and bank statements? Even when I get visitors, instead of going to your room, you want to show off your wisdom. I am so disgusted.”

“I made a big mistake of selling my Jamnagar house and coming to Mumbai. When I see you people wasting money, taking wrong decisions, disrespecting parents and elders, I feel very sorry. I did not expect this sort of behaviour from you . When I was your age,”, before Bharat could complete his sentence, Rohan snapped, “I have heard it.. Please don’t start your lecture. I am not going to repeat the mistakes that you committed. Times have changed, world has changed and methods have revolutionized.” Bharat heaved a sigh and said, “You are going to repent by not obeying me and not listening to my advice.”

“If I need your advice, I will come to you. You do your work, I will mind my business. You have not achieved anything great!”

It is not uncommon to see conflicts between two generations, particularly if they belong to the same profession or staying in the same house. Can’t we have a balanced blend of experience, intuition and tact of older generation and university qualifications, technological know-how, global exposure and ambitious enthusiasm of the newer generation? May be yes, may be no. 

The age, at which a man starts feeling that what his father used to say is right, he already has a son who strongly feels that his dad is stupid. 

Pragna Pai.
About Author
Name: Dr Pragna Pai
Address:
135, Prabhu Nivas,
Rd. 9A,
Wadala, Mumbai, 4000031
Phone Number: 24149072
Background
  • Ex-Dean, Sheth G.S. Medical college & KEM Hospital
  • Ex-Director, Medical Education & Major Hospitals
Photo:  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Trial

TRIAL

SEND SMS FOR TRIAL

EQUITY - COMMODITY OR BOTH

TO

 09920033678

www.GoldSilverAlert.com

Advertisement